If you are involved in a collaborative living or working environment (or want to be), you will need effective tools for communication and decision making in order to have more empowered collaborators, more effective and efficient results, more creativity and less conflict.
I am starting to offer an opportunity to learn and practice a set of community building skills in an experiential small group setting. The group process focuses on the basic organizing and decision making of Dynamic Governance (Sociocracy) and, as part of the program, it also incorporate the communication principles of NonViolent Communication and an introduction to the State of Grace Document for agreement building.
I will be focusing the training with people that are part of a group where you can practice between sessions. The training will start with a 4 hour introduction and integration of collaborative tools, and continue with six 2 hour meetings. Sessions will provide experiential training as well as an opportunity to process your practice. The training will be relevant for people new to these tools as well as those that have a basic understanding and want support for their implementation. The group will be limited in size to provide the most beneficial group process and personal attention.
I have designed the workshop to be available on a regular basis, as I have enough people for a small group. I can do it with unrelated people from a variety of organizations or with a related group from one organization that want to work together with optimum synergy and harmony. I also can do the workshop face to face or via webinar. Contact me for more information.
The workshop focuses on the following objectives:
- Establishing a foundation of personal and collaborative awareness
- Understanding and experiencing the sociocratic circle process
- Facilitating solution oriented, consent based decision making
- Empowering creative and shared leadership
- Learning a three step process for crafting effective proposals
- Navigating a variety of facilitation challenges
- Designing relationships for graceful agreement
- Practicing authentic and compassionate communication
- Applying the principles in your home or organization